Welcome to HireApp’s PRO Rulebook, a complete guide designed to help you navigate our platform created to connect freelance contractors with available shifts in the hospitality industry. Our platform is currently available in Miami and New York.
HireApp is a leading on-demand staffing platform that connects freelance contractors with employers in need of staffing solutions. We specialize in the hospitality industry, and our platform has quickly become the go-to choice for businesses seeking skilled workers for their staffing needs.
On HireApp’s platform, a PRO is any user who is searching for shifts as an independent contractor. Whether you are a seasoned professional or new to the industry, being a PRO gives you to access a range of temporary job opportunities in the hospitality industry, which we refer to as “Shifts” within the platform. This offers you a flexible schedule, valuable experience, and the opportunity to expand your professional network while earning an income.
In this rulebook, you’ll discover information about the verification process for your profile, the steps involved in locating and obtaining shifts once you’ve been successfully verified, and all the essential guidelines that must be followed once you’ve been matched with a shift.
We urge you to review this rulebook carefully, making sure that you understand all of the information provided. If you need more information or clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Verification of your profile
By downloading and installing the HireApp PRO app, you’ve created a profile on our platform that includes basic information about you, such as your full name(must match exactly the name on your ID document), date of birth, current living location, phone number, and most importantly, your preferred positions for seeking shifts on our platform.
The first step in the verification process is to ensure that you’ve provided all the necessary information in your profile.
- Make sure you have a professional profile picture.
- Make sure that your current location aligns with the location where you want to work
- Make sure that you select positions that you are interested in working and have experience in.
- Make sure you provide all the required payment information in your profile under “Payment Settings”.
Entering your payment information within the app is crucial to ensure that your profile is complete and that you’re eligible to receive payment for completed shifts. The info that is needed is US issued ID (passport or a driver’s license), a bank account, a debit card (if you want instant payouts), a full address, and a Social Security Number or ITIN number.
Our system uses the information provided in your profile to filter and match you to the best possible shifts that are currently available.
Our verification team will then contact you via SMS and provide you with a link to schedule a brief verification call. During this call, we’ll gather additional information about your work experience, availability, and preferences to further enhance your profile. You’ll receive a reminder one hour before the scheduled call, so please make sure you’re available and prepared. After the call, our team will update your profile and inform you of your verification status based on the currently available positions and shifts. If there are no possible matches at the moment, we’ll advise you to check back with us in the future. If your profile is verified, you’ll be able to view the available shifts in the “Shifts” tab of the app, located in the bottom of the screen.
- Only verified profiles can see available shifts in the app.
- Profiles that are not correctly filled out with the necessary information mentioned before, will not be included in the system’s matching protocol and will not undergo verification.
- It is important to note that the availability of certain positions may vary depending on the client’s requests, the season, and other factors. As a result, the number of shifts available for each position may differ. This is why you may not currently be matched with a shift for a particular position.
An important aspect of the verification process is that positions are assigned to you based on your experience. You’ll only be matched with shifts that correspond to those positions. Your assigned positions will directly impact the available shifts you can view and apply for on the platform.
Once you gain access to view the available shifts, you’re free to explore and apply to any that interest you! So go ahead and take advantage of this opportunity to find the perfect shift that matches your skills and preferences.
Welcome to the “Shifts” tab located at the bottom left corner of your screen, where all the action happens! As soon as you open it, you’ll find a page full of available shifts, sorted by date, with the most recent one up top. Each shift comes with a brief overview of important information such as the position, location, date and time, duration, and how far it is from your chosen location.
When you click on a shift, you’ll access more in-depth information, including:
- the shift’s hourly rate – how much you’ll be paid per hour
- the option to accept the same shift for few days in a row (highly recommended)
- the location displayed on a map
- the distance from your chosen location
- shift instructions – Short job and site description
- what to bring – Required equipment – which can vary depending on the position (e.g., wine opener or set of knives)
- what to wear – Required dress code – Uniform that you should bring, clean and exactly as described
- location instructions – specific details like staff entrance location and the best way to get there
- On-site contact – the person in charge of the shift who will greet you upon your arrival, provide clock-in and out codes, address any issues, oversee your work, and give feedback on your work
- any additional information – any extra details, like is there parking provided
Be sure to review all this information before accepting a shift.
Accepting the shift
Once your profile is verified, our system will be matching your profile with available shifts using its algorithm. If there’s a match, you’ll receive a text message saying, “We matched you with…”. Treat this as a suggestion from the platform. Head over to the “Shifts” tab on the bottom left of your screen, find the shift mentioned in the text, review all the details, and if you’re ready and able to commit, hit the “Accept Shift” button at the bottom of the screen. It will then be added to your list of shifts under the “My Shifts” tab located at the top right of the screen next to “Available shifts”.
Once a shift shows up in the “My Shifts” tab, you’re officially scheduled to work it. This is both a big responsibility and an awesome opportunity!
Joining a Shift’s Waitlist
To apply for a shift, hit the “Accept Shift” button at the end of the screen. Once you’ve applied, you will be added to the waitlist. The system will then evaluate the compatibility between all waitlisted PROs and the shift. If you’re a match, you’ll get an SMS notification saying “Congratulations.” After receiving the notification, go back to the shift in the app and click on the “Accept Shift” button. Once you’ve accepted the shift, it will show up under the “My Shifts” tab, and you’ll officially be scheduled to work!
Only accept shifts if you’re sure that you can meet all the requirements, which include being fully available for the entire duration of the shift, having and bringing the required dress code and equipment, and having any required experience.
- Selecting all days for a multi-day shift boosts your chances of being matched with shifts by the system
- When selecting shifts, choose ones that are within a suitable commuting distance for you.
- When selecting shifts, make sure the shift instructions match your expectations and preferences, the job description fits your experience, and that you’re prepared to perform the tasks required for the job.
- Familiarize yourself with any additional information provided when selecting a shift.
- It’s crucial to thoroughly research detailed information about the shift location to ensure that you’re in the right place at the right time, and to know the employee entrance that you need to use.
- Always bring the mandatory equipment for the shift, as it greatly affects your ability to perform well during the shift.
It is crucial to follow the dress code described in detail for the shift, as it reflects the professionalism of a PRO and the work environment. Make sure your attire is clean, neat, and professional to create a good impression and maintain a good image.
Failing to follow the dress code may result in negative consequences, such as not being allowed to work the shift or receiving a poor performance evaluation.
Note that no logos are allowed on any part of the uniform.
So, pay close attention to the dress code requirements and ensure you comply with them in detail.
- Strictly follow the requested dress code.
- Keep your uniform clean and neat when wearing it.
- Groom yourself neatly and maintain good hygiene.
- Aim for a cohesive and uniform appearance among all PROs, which is considered a positive attribute.
- Wearing a uniform with logos is strictly prohibited.
- Not adhering to the requested uniform color can make you stand out and become noticeable as an outlier among the other PROs.
- Wear any clothing that is not specified in the dress code or uniform
- Accessorize with large, flashy, or distracting jewelry
- Wear any clothing that is dirty, ripped, or in poor condition
- Wear strong fragrances or excessive makeup
- Make sure any tattoos are not visible
Following these instructions is mandatory, and any violation will be considered a breach of ground rules, leading to immediate system penalties.
Dress code violations can include situations like arriving with unclean shoes, wearing a black shirt instead of the required white one, forgetting to wear a necessary tie as part of the uniform, or any other scenario that doesn’t adhere to the specified dress code requirements.
Confirmation of arrival
One hour before the shift starts, the system will send you a text message and a push notification to confirm your arrival.
You need to respond to this text with a simple “yes”.
If you don’t reply, the system assumes you’re not attending the shift, automatically removes you from it, and searches for a replacement. Note that this means that you won’t receive any compensation.
On-site contacts role
An hour before the shift begins is when you can find the on-site contact’s phone number in the shift info, which you’ll need to call upon arriving for your shift.
Be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before the shift starts to allow time for finding parking and your on-site contact. The on-site contact is the only person with the clock-in and clock-out codes and is responsible for the shift, so they should be informed of any important information.
Clock in and Clock out
Once the on-site contact provides you with a code, enter it into the app as the Clock In code. At the end of your shift, you’ll receive another code – the Clock Out code.
You enter codes into the app in front of the on-site contact.
The codes provided are used to record the start and end time of your shift. When you clock in, your work officially begins, and when you clock out, our system calculates sour total time worked and processes your earned payment.
You enter the codes at the scheduled start time of the shift and at the scheduled end time.
Possible situations and how to handle them regarding the clock-in and out process:
- If you arrive early for your shift, the on-site contact will provide you with a code when your shift begins.
- If the on-site contact/manager request that you start your shift earlier or end later, both you and the contact person must inform the HireApp team immediately so we can update the system. Failing to do so will result in your time not being counted or compensated since it won’t be recorded in the system.
- If the on-site contact is unavailable or absent when you arrive for your shift, contact us immediately. We’ll provide you with a code to clock in or out, and the timestamp of your message will be considered your clock-in/out time.
- Should any discrepancies or issues arise, the best course of action is to promptly contact us. As your primary point of contact, the HireApp team is available to help with any situation.
Your Location is recorded when you Clock-In and Clock-Out.
Having a strong internet connection and signal is crucial when clocking in or out at your shift location. If your shift takes place in an area of the hotel with a weak signal, we suggest stepping outside briefly to ensure a successful clock in/out. Please allow up to 10 seconds for your code to process.
Clocking in or out outside of the shift location (i.e., off hotel property) is a severe violation of our policy since it implies you’re trying to record work hours you haven’t actually worked.
Enabling location services is necessary to ensure a successful clock in/out. Follow these steps to enable location services for HireApp PRO:
- Go to Settings and select Privacy and Security
- Turn on Location Services
- In the same section, make sure to turn on “Share My Location”
- Go one step back and click on the HireApp PRO icon and make sure that it is allowed access to use your location
It’s your responsibility to Clock-In and Clock-Out in front of the on-site contact to avoid any possible discrepancies.
As a member of our platform, it is necessary that you possess a functional phone capable of operating the app and that you have installed the latest version of the app.
! If you have any trouble with Clocking-In or Out, or if the on-site person is not available, you need to inform us immediately by sending a text with the explanation and the code to (305) 520-7641. !
6-Hour Fixed Compensation Rule
If you clock in within the first 14 minutes of your shift, it is considered an on-time arrival and you’ll be eligible for 6 hours of fixed compensation. This means that even if your shift ends earlier or is scheduled to last less than 6 hours, you’re guaranteed payment for 6 hours. However, if you clock in on or after the 15th minute of your shift, you’re not eligible for the fixed compensation. Instead, the system will record your arrival as late and assign a penalty. You’ll receive a message from the system asking for a reason for your lateness and you must respond. While we understand that some instances of lateness may be unpredictable, repeated lateness is considered a severe breach of our rules and will result in disciplinary action.
Additionally, if the on-site contact sends you home due to poor work performance, inappropriate behavior, or non-compliance with the dress code, you will not be eligible for the 6-hour fixed compensation
This section is dedicated to helping you understand how payments work on the HireApp platform.
By default, your profile is set up for standard (weekly) payouts. Our weekly payroll is calculated from Saturday to Friday, so any shifts worked during this timeframe are accounted for, including Friday. Payments are credited to your bank account and typically arrive by the Friday of next week at the latest, depending on your bank’s policies.
One of our platform’s unique features is Instant Payout, which allows you to receive payment shortly after every shift at your request. To switch to instant payout, go to your profile settings and select Payment Settings. From there, choose Instant Payout Settings. Please be aware that instant payouts carry a fee of 6.5%.
Violations of platform rules
If you are running late for your shift, you must inform us of your expected arrival time and provide a reason for the delay by texting to (305) 520-7641.
You can clock in for shifts up to 1 hour after the scheduled start time, but if you don’t clock in by then, it will be considered a no-show and a penalty will be imposed. After an hour of not clocking in, the shift will no longer be visible to you. If you happen to be late, you should inform us right away so that we can re-open the shift for you to clock in.
For clock-outs, you’re allowed to clock out up to 2 hours after the scheduled end time. If you clock out after this time, your shift will disappear, and you’ll need to inform us immediately at the end of your shift with the time and reason for staying later than expected. This will allow us to consider it valid reporting and adjust your time accordingly.
If you choose to cancel your shift at any time within 24 hours of the scheduled start time, it will be considered a last-minute cancellation and may result in suspension. However, if you need to cancel your shift on short notice, notify us immediately and provide a reason. We will review your situation, and in some cases, your cancellation may not be penalized. However, keep in mind that repeated last-minute cancellations will inevitably lead to suspension.
The most severe violation of our rules is failing to show up for your scheduled shift without giving prior notice. This not only means you didn’t communicate with us in a timely manner, but it also means you abandoned the shift without allowing us to find a replacement.
As a consequence, your profile will be suspended for a period ranging from 7 to 30 days immediately after this situation occurs.
In certain situations, it’s possible to override the penalty for a no-show. If this occurs, you should inform us of the reason immediately and after careful consideration and evaluation of the circumstances, we will inform you of our decision.
We don't tolerate no-shows, late cancelations, and being late repeatedly.
If you don’t show up to a shift that you accepted and you don’t provide a valid reason why, your account will be suspended.
Working a shift without a Clock-In and Clock-Out doesn’t get recorded in the systems and without that record, we won’t be able to process a payment for your work.
Also, while on the clock as our PRO, you are covered by the
Occupational Accident policy.
Occupational Accident is an insurance policy that insures independent contractors against covered injuries that happen on the clock.
! If you encounter any issues before or during your shift, your first contact is the HireApp team! Please reach out to us via text at (305) 520-7641, and we will call you right away to assist you further.
Equal Treatment and Non-Discrimination Policy
Discrimination in any form is prohibited and is not tolerated on our platform. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status as defined by applicable law.
Our policy prohibits any form of discrimination, including but not limited to, harassment, retaliation, or any other conduct that creates a hostile environment on our platform. We are dedicated to ensuring that all users are treated with respect, fairness, and dignity.
We comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding discrimination and will take prompt and appropriate action in response to any complaint or allegation of discrimination. We encourage users to report any incidents of discrimination, and we will investigate and take appropriate corrective action as necessary.
We are committed to providing a platform free from discrimination and will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that our policies, procedures, and practices support this commitment. Any user found to violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of their account.
We value diversity, and our goal is to foster an inclusive platform that encourages and supports the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of all users. We believe that a diverse and inclusive user base is essential to our success, and we will continue to strive to create a platform that is welcoming and respectful to all.
Any form of discrimination or harassment should be reported to HireApp Team immediately.
NO Drugs Policy
HireApp is fully committed to creating a safe, productive, and quality-oriented work environment for our PROs. We recognize that the misuse of alcohol and drugs not only jeopardizes the well-being and safety of our PROs but also poses a risk to our client’s employees, guests, facilities, and equipment. Therefore, our organization is dedicated to preventing drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace.
Prohibition of Drugs: Our platform strictly prohibits the use, possession, sale, or distribution of any illegal drugs, as defined by applicable state law This includes but is not limited to, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and other controlled substances.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, E-cigarettes: The use of alcohol, tobacco, and e-cigarettes type products is prohibited during work hours and on the hotel’s premises.
- Reporting of Drug-Related Activities: Users of our platform are required to report any drug-related activities, including but not limited to the use, possession, sale, or distribution of illegal drugs, to our platform in accordance with applicable state law.
- Prohibition of Drug-Related Content: Our platform prohibits the creation or sharing of any content related to illegal drugs, including but not limited to, images, videos, and text that promotes or glorifies drug use, in accordance with applicable state law.
- Termination of Accounts: Users who violate our platform’s no drugs policy may have their accounts terminated, in accordance with applicable state law.
- Compliance with Other Laws: Our organization’s drug policy is not intended to conflict with any other laws or regulations, including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Compliance with Other Laws: Our platform’s no drugs policy is not intended to conflict with any other laws or regulations, including but not limited to, the Communications Decency Act and the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- HireApp will also not allow employees to perform their duties while taking prescribed drugs that are adversely affecting their ability to perform their job duties safely and effectively. Employees taking prescribed medication must carry it in a container labeled by a licensed pharmacist.
Our platform takes this no-drugs policy seriously and expects all users to comply with it in accordance with applicable state law. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact our support team.
Upon being accepted for a shift, you are required to adhere to all the rules outlined in this Rulebook and to represent HireApp with pride and to the best of your ability. This entails giving 100% effort on your shift by performing your duties with professionalism, displaying courteous behavior, and effectively communicating with both the on-site team and the HireApp team.
Please note that our clients may provide feedback regarding your work performance, which could impact your profile and shift priority. Positive feedback can elevate your profile and shift priority, while negative feedback may result in a lower priority for future shift matches.